Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas- Over Already!!

Hello everybody!  It's hard to believe that Christmas came and went so quickly!!  I tried Averie's Raw(ish) Gingerbread Cookies- and I have to tell you, I will make these again and again.  THEY WERE SO GOOD!!! 

Here is the recipe I used (adapted):

1/4 c flax meal (I used Bob's Red Mill Flax Meal)
1/4 c walnuts
2/3 c almonds
2 t cinnamon
2 t ginger
1 t pumpkin pie spice
3 T agave



Preheat oven to 300 degrees

Blend all of the ingredients together in a food processor
Roll into balls or roll out with a rolling pin and plastic wrap and cut with cookie cutters
Bake for 8 minutes


See, they're raw-ish.  I'm not sure what temperature they actually get to...but I bet it's too high for them to really be raw.  If you want them to be raw, you can leave them out on your counter for a few days, dehydrate for a few hours, or put them uncovered in the fridge to harden.  I didn't mind baking them- and they were SO good warm!!!







Isn't that CUTE?!  A healthy cookie.  It was our favorite treat this season.  Thanks for the recipie inspiration, Averie!!!

No comments: