Sunday, June 6, 2010

On the up and up!

Hi everybody!  Sorry I have been MIA for the last day or so-  summer has hit me with a BANG!  Running here, running there, doing this, doing that.  PHEW!

So here's an update!  Friday, I weighed in at 152.8!!  (dances)

For breakfast, I had the breakfast cookie-o-champions:
















Massive.  I used Gina's recipe, and then added a little more oats and replaced the nut butter with a little bit of chia seeds.  OH and topped it with a ton of cinnamon.  Yum to the max.


Lunch was about the same as the day before, a TJ's Tortilla (whole wheat, of course) topped with Avocado, Lettuce, Salsa, and my dad added a Tomato.


















And a nice juicy Apple with Almond Butter (oops, forgot to take a picture of the AB.... oh well, you know what it looks like HAHA)

















All day I was GIDDY because our CSA was going to start!  I went to my sister's house and picked up this week's shipment-  Organic Greens and Organic
Cherries.  FAB!!!
















And some of HEAB's Oaties hiding underneath.  My sister won her Oaties from Angela's Shop 4 A Cause a few weeks ago, and she was kind enough to share with her oat-loving sister.  How nice!


I had to try one!















Pure....heaven.....

So, since we had massive amounts of Lettuce and Cherries, I decided to make a Stuffed Potato and have a CUP of Cherries on the side.  MMMMMmmmmm....
































For my Stuffed Potato, I baked a Potato and cut it in half, then topped it with a HUGE handful of Lettuce, a chopped Celery stalk, steamed Broccoli, and a dab of Salsa.  This is one of my favorites.  FILLING!!

Are you participating in a CSA this year?  How about going to Farmers Markets?  I'm excited to see what we get next week!!

Have a LOVELY rest of your Sunday!

2 comments:

Megan D said...

Cherry + pineapple sounds wonderful! I'll have to try that. Oh and I keep meaning to make HEAB's oaties! I might do it tonight actually now that you've reminded me :)

MrsKruse said...

Ooo, cherries! None of the farmers around here have cherries...it's just berries right now!