Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holiday Prep

December is here… in FULL FORCE!  I don’t know where this arctic blast came from (actually, I do- thank you Lake Michigan…) but boy o boy is it COOOOLD!  Ick!  Now that the holiday season is in full swing, I figured it was appropriate for today’s bloggie to talk about how I prepared for Thanksgiving/Christmas this year, and how I’m 95% done with EVERYTHING.   Yes, EVERYTHING. 

I started back in October with the “Cruising through the Holidays” plan that The FlyLady (www.flylady.net) puts together.  This plan gets your house clean, then ready to be decorated, not to mention gets all of your wrapping supplies, food, recipes, etc. ready to go in baby steps so you don’t stress out at the last minute.    

IT.WAS.WONDERFUL.

My entire house was clean and decorated for Christmas by mid-November.  ALL of my Christmas presents are wrapped and under the tree.  ALL of my Christmas cards are signed, addressed, stamped and ready to go in the mail.  My recipes for Christmas dinner (and various other dinners/potlucks/special events) are all picked out. 
Now that all of this prep is done, I have time to do fun things.  I have time to enjoy the holidays.  Once a day I clear out a “hot spot” and do 15 minutes of regular “maintenance” cleaning.  This keeps my house clean and off my mind.  Christmas could come tomorrow and I’d be ready. 

I don’t endorse a lot of things, but one thing that I WILL endorse is The FlyLady.  Check her out!  You’ll be glad you did (and so will your home!)

No comments: