Thursday, December 2, 2010

Phobias.

Happy Friday to you all.  What a week!!!  It was a very difficult week for me, that really brought to the surface some underlying anxiety that had been swirling around.

Do any of you suffer from phobias?  I do, in a MAJOR way.  I am an emetophobe, aka I don't like ''throw up''. I have been this way since I can remember.  What I have recently found out is that this phobia affects more people on earth than any other phobia.  Isn't that weird?

My hubby was sick a few days ago, which caused me to go into a MAJOR panic.  I'm talking panic attacks like I haven't had in a LONG time.  My sister recommended that I try Rescue Remedy.  This is basically a vile with flower essences that are supposed to calm you down.  I've been using it off and on and I really DO feel a difference.  I can't exactly describe the feeling... kind of like a soothing of my energy fields.  Hippie, right!?

So, to help overcome this (or at least try to make it a little better) I'm going to start doing EFT again, using the Bach Flower Remedies, and talking about it with people that I trust.  All of the hesitations in my life (well, most of them anyway) have all originated here, with my emetophobia.  I don't know why I have this fear, nor do I know why it's so debilitating for me.  There have got to be others that are in the same camp that I am.  Right?  Anyone?  Anyone?

So, if you have a phobia, what are you fearful of?  Anyone in the same camp that I am?

3 comments:

Ameena said...

I absolutely was emetophobic. I truly was! But then I had Maya and I swear I couldn't care less about throwing up anymore. I never thought I'd say that but it's true.

I think I'm just trying to get HER to stop so I don't have to clean it up! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi! Definitely you're not alone! Maybe this link would be helpful to all:

http://www.experienceproject.com/groups/Have-Emetophobia/97800

Best wishes! CN

Anonymous said...

I found a wonderful resource for help! Please check this website if emetophobia is a problem for you or someone you know:

http://www.emetophobiahelp.org

It seems that if we keep looking, answers can be found. Good luck! CN