Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Completely Unsolicited GF Pizza Review

Good day, everyone.  As I got home from work yesterday, I remembered that I had picked up a frozen pizza to try from our local-ish health food store.

Here it is!

















Against the Grain Gourmet Pizza.  I had never tried it before, but what caught my eye was the small ingredient list.
















Yeah, ok, that looks great.  And it gave the option for crispy crust or bendable crust.  What?  You can have bendy gluten-free pizza crust?  Since wheeeennnn???


I decided to put the frozen pizza on a my weathered baking sheet (it builds character) because  frankly we're selling our house and 99% of my baking stuff has been packed away.  It's fun- lots of fun.  Kind of like living out of a rental vacation home and I have to clean up every crumb as it happens.  FlyLady would be proud, I suppose.

















In to the oven it went.  Then hubs says to me "can we put sausage on top??"  Why, of course!

















Yes, yes, I know what you're thinking.  WHAT?!  YOU'RE EATING MEAT?!  SINCE WHEN?!  Well, since a few months ago.  I'll address this in more detail in another bloggie, don't worry.

And yaddy yaddy yaddy bingo bango, the pizza was done- about 15 minutes!  I topped half of the pizza with the sausage that I had cooked up, just so we could try the pizza as it was meant to be, too.
















Holy.Heavens.

















This was THE best frozen gluten-free pizza I have EVER had.  I'm not being paid to say that, I didn't get the pizza for free to review (though, Against the Grain, I would LOVE to get a pizza for free to review....just sayin').  The crust was doughy, the cheese was stringy, the pesto was awesome, and the pizza was huge.  We have leftovers for hubs' lunchie today, so for only paying a little over $13 for the pizza, and it was money well spent!  Quality ingredients, and totally an indulgence.  Of course my waistline wouldn't want to eat this every day.... but my taste buds sure would!  Way to go, Against the Grain!  You did a great job on this one!

xoxo.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I agree. We had this too. It was pretty darn good. It gave us a little tummy rumbles, but totally worth it as it is delicious.