Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

Good morning, everybody!  Another frigid day in central Ohio, but I looooove fall so I can't say that I'm complaining!  What I also love about fall is anything and everything PUMPKIN.  I decided last night that this morning I would use the leftover canned pumpkin from yesterday's grain-free pumpkin bread to make myself a pumpkin pie smoothie for breakfast.

SIMPLE ingredients, and oh so good.  These can of course be adapted to fit your dietary needs.

1/2 c Canned Pumpkin
1/2 c Coconut Milk (Cow, Almond, Cashew.... milk of your choice!)
1/2 c Water
1 t Cinnamon
1 t Nutmeg
1/2 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (I use the French Vanilla from LifeSource, but hubs can't have stevia so he uses the unflavored with a dash of vanilla extract and maple syrup)
1 T Chia Seeds
5-6 Ice Cubes

Throw all of the ingredients except for the ice cubes into the blender.
















Blend baby, blend.
















Add the ice cubes, blend some more, and pour into a big glass.

















Glug glug glug.  Bottom's up!  Have a great Monday!  xoxo

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Great idea! The kids are always begging me to make pumpkin pie, so maybe this will keep them happy. Of course, our one and only local source for canned pumpkin just closed their doors, so guess I'll have to be on the lookout for another option.

Annie D. said...

Could always roast a real pumpkin :)