Sunday, December 9, 2012

In a rush - No-Bake Pancakes

Good day, everybody!  December is a-flying by (holy.cow.) and I feel like in another blink of an eye, Christmas will be here!!  I have a good amount of time off of work during the time between Christmas and New Years, and I've gotta say, I'm REALLY looking forward to it.  2012 has about done me IN!  I feel like I have been in a rush to get something done every day for the last few months.  In an effort to try to help keep my stress level down, I have been trying to do really quick or cook ahead meals lately.  I've been eating eggs for breakfast almost every day, which is great because they're nutritious and very quick to make, but this morning I wanted something a little different.  So, I adapted Ani Phyo's Raw Coconut Breakfast Cakes this morning and I've gotta say, they came out really good!
















Coconut Breakfast Cakes

Ingredients:

1/2 C Flax Meal (Ground Flaxseeds)
1 T Shredded Coconut (Unsweetened)
1 T Coconut Oil
1 t Raw Honey
1/8 t Sea Salt
1/2 t Cinnamon
1 T Water

Mix all of the above ingredients in a bowl until a soft dough forms

Pat the cakes into "pancakes" on a plate

Top with grass-fed butter and berries of your choice (or maple syrup)

Be sure to enjoy these with a big glass of water!  Your tum tum will thank you  :)

xoxo

No comments: