Monday, August 24, 2009

Product Spotlight!!

Hi everyone! I wanted to share with you my new favorite product. I am OBSESSED with Dr. Bronner Castile Soap. All of their Castile Soaps are made with natural ingredients... nothing fake, death, crappy...you know! I use the Tea Tree fragrance every day, and can't find it ANYWHERE but Amazon. I use it on my face, body, hair, to clean my sinks, counters, EVERYTHING!! Check out what the Skin Deep Database says about Dr. Bronner.

I love this Database. It's a great collection of safe, and not so safe products. I always consult it before buying a new lotion, shampoo, any new makeup, etc. Trust me, people, what you think is safe probably isn't. Your skin is the BIGGEST organ in the body. If you put it on your skin, you might as well be drinking it- that's how much it's absorbed. It makes me sick to think about all of the products I have used over the years... without a second thought!

Do what's good for your body, inside and out. Use SAFE products, not ones with toxic chemicals. This excerpt is taken from the Skin Deep Database FAQ's-

Are ingredients in personal care products actually harmful?

While some companies make products that are safe to eat, other companies choose to use known human carcinogens or developmental toxins. Nearly all these chemicals can penetrate the skin, and some we ingest directly from our lips or hands. More than one-third of all personal care products contain at least one ingredient linked to cancer. When risky and unstudied chemicals are used in cosmetics, the stakes can be high — unlike trace contaminants in food or tap water, chemicals in cosmetics are base ingredients.

So really, take care of yourself inside and out!

2 comments:

Jen and Andy said...

I started putting Aveeno baby lotion on Aubrey a couple of days before one of my mommy friends passed along that website. I freaked out. :) Now we use Poofy Organics - poofscloset.com. I love their lotion and they have lots of other natural products too.

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute...you use this soap on your face, hair and also use it clean your sink and counters?? Interesting. I live on a dairy farm, do you think I can use it to wash my cows...have to tell you, they are very particular and I tend to spoil them. This might be a nice treat for them, especially in the summer. Thank you.