Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Refreshing Quinoa and Orange Parfait (Breakfast)

Good evening, bloggies! I wanted to share with you a recipe that I made this morning, found HERE.

I must say, I'm used to Quinoa for DINNER, not breakfast... so it was a little strange to me, but definitely good! I cleaned my bowl!!

Here are the ingredients and directions, from the above mentioned website.

Ingredients

1/2 cup of cooked Quinoa
1/4 cup of Greek-style yogurt
1 orange, cut into chunks
1 tbsp walnuts
2 tsp of honey

Directions

Place quinoa in a bowl and top with yogurt, oranges, and walnuts. Drizzle with honey and enjoy!

Serves 1.

Nutritional Analysis

Calories: 325; Total Fat: 6.8g; Saturated Fat: .3g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 40mg; Carbs: 56g; Fiber: 5.6g; Sugars: 26g; Protein: 14g

-------------------------------------------------

Here's my finished product, before devouring!!



The verdict? I would probably make it again... but I would add cinnamon to the recipe. And my mind has to get over the fact that I'm eating QUINOA for breakfast....

Have a fantastic evening, all! It's almost TGIF time... almost...

No comments: