Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Insanity- the Workout...the Lifestyle

Hi everybody.  So over the past month and a half, I have been doing Insanity.  You know, that program that you see on the info-mercial in the mornings that has Shaun T in your face yelling at you to 'Dig Deeper!!!!'

Well, ...phew... let me tell you, this is the HARDEST workout that I have ever done.  Ever.  Hands down.  You need to already be in shape before doing this program, and they don't beat around the bush with letting you know that ahead of time.  There's a Warning disclaimer at the beginning that looks like a horror film (haha), and then opens with Shaun T yelling at you. 

Followed by 40-60 minutes (depending on the day) of jumping, sprinting, more jumping, squating, push-ups, and more jumping. 

Am I seeing results?  YES.  My arms are HUUUUUGE (biceps and shoulders)!!!!  I still have some extra smooshy around the middle to get rid of, and I'm wondering if it's my body's way of holding on to whatever it can because of how intense the workout is.  I think I need to 'up' my calories a little bit more

Do I recommend it?  YES.  It's intense... it's INSANE.  But the time flies.  An hour of working out goes by so fast.

Will I continue it after the program is over?  PROBABLY.  I will incorporate it in a few times a week probably to keep my cardio ability up. 

A few more weeks and I will officially be INSANE.  I may already be insane... but I guess this proves it!

No comments: