Thursday, February 3, 2011

Muffins!

Short post today!  I made some FANTASTIC blueberry muffins.  Check out the recipe here, and just sub blueberries for raspberries.  Simple, quick, vegan, and oh so good.  To make these muffins vegan, I substituted the egg from the recipe with soaked chia seeds (about 1 1/2 T- I just kind of eyeballed the amount that I thought an egg would be and hoped for the best hahahaha).  They worked BEAUTIFULLY!!

Soaked Chia Seeds:















Mix the dry ingredients.  This time I used 1 1/2 C whole wheat flour, 1/4 C Oats, and 1/4 C Flax Meal.















Mixed the 'wet' ingredients, including the Chia.















And mixed them all together.  Added blueberries.
















THESE SMELLED SOOOO GOOD BAKING IN THE OVEN.  HOLY.  MOLY.
























AWESOME.   Seriously.  I drizzled a little local honey on them.  MMMM.
















See the honeycomb?  Y.U.M.

3 comments:

cap77 said...

So excited to try this! I have yet to make a vegan muffin that actually tasted good and had a good consistency!

cap77 said...

Sorry, one more thing... Where did you find the chia seeds? I am sure that there are a zillion places to get them here, but I was wondering if you had to go to a real health food store or if they are findable at trader joes or whole foods?

Annie D. said...

I get my chia seeds at chiadirect.com. They have really good prices :)