Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Morning Muffins

It's almost Christmas.  My gosh where on EARTH did this year go!?!?  For us, this year has been a blur.  Brenton was in school getting his MBA (he's done now YAY!) so our life was consumed by school, work, housekeeping, and very few extra curricular events (aka parties... movies... blogging :(... anything that wasn't necessary to our every day life).  Big sigh of relief that we can get back to normal!

This will be a season of celebration.  To make Christmas morning a little extra special, I have made some yummy (yes, I taste-tested) Raspberry muffins!  For my vegan friends, these are NOT vegan, but you could substitute Ener-G egg replacer or a mix of Flax and water for the Egg.  For my GF friends, feel free to sub Almond Meal for the Whole Wheat Flour.

Like the recipe?  I like the ''add raspberries, whatever'' part.  That goes to show you that I like to experiment with my recipes.....  hehehe!

















2 C Flour (any kind you like!  I used Whole Wheat)
3 t Baking Powder (Aluminum Free)
1/2 t Salt (I used Pink Himalayan Sea Salt)
2 t Cinnamon
3/4 C Sugar (I used Honey, but you could use Raw Sugar, Maple Syrup, White Sugar...whatever!)
1 Egg (or replacer)
1 C Milk (you could use Almond Milk, Cow Milk, Goat Milk... or Water)
1/4 C Oil (I used Olive Oil- use whatever you have)
Any fruit you would like to use!  I used Raspberries, but you could do Apples, Blueberries, Raisins... be creative!
(I also added ground Flax Meal to the mix to increase fiber content)

Preheat oven to 400
Mix together all of the dry ingredients
Mix together all of the wet ingredients (including egg) and add to dry ingredients
Mix in whatever fruit you want to use
Either put paper muffin cups in muffin pan or spray with oil
Fill muffin tin cups half way- makes 12 muffins






























These are AS GOOD as they look!!  We'll be topping ours with various condiments.... butter, goat cream cheese, jelly, peanut butter, honey.... you name it!  :)  These will freeze for 3-5 months.  Simply take them out of the freezer and put them in the toaster oven until warm (or microwave.......... choose the toaster oven if you have a choice.)

No comments: