Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bunch 'O Halloween!

Good evening, muah hah hah.

Was that Halloweenie enough? Hehe- well it's right around the corner, so I figured I might as well get into the spirit of things. To be COMPLETELY honest... I don't love Halloween. I don't like things that are scary... I don't like candy that will give you cancer.... I don't like pranks (we were egged last year).... bah humbug!

So, to go along with my bah humbug-ness... here is what will be out on my porch on Thursday evening:





Hehehe- that's right... we're not going to be contributing to the ADHD and Diabetes of children, no sir! No Hydrogenated crapola from this house! This year, I'm handing out (ok... I'm not really 'handing' because I'll be making raw pumpkin and raw apple pies... so they'll be helping themselves) little tricky games where you have to get the 4 little balls in the holes at one time. Just about impossible- you bet I tried it! Hours of fun. HOURS. These little guys were pretty cheap. I got them from Factory Card Outlet, 50 for $4.25.

That said, my student workers (college age) will be 'trick or treating' on Thursday around the office, so for them, I got Trader Joe's Organic Lollipops. 27 lollipops for $2.99.



Look at these ingredients!!! Fantastic!



Soooo much better than the normal candy that's handed out!!! I may (MAY) even be tempted to try one...

Even though I don't LOVE the holiday, I do like decorating the house with cute Halloween things, and we DID carve pumpkins this weekend.



Mine is on the left, and my brother/sister in law's is on the right. We should go into business. I'm even, like I said, will be making a raw pumpkin pie for the first time on Thursday- so I'll be sure to let you know how that goes. I'm a little leery of eating a raw pumpkin, but I'm sure it'll be good.

Speaking of eating, check out ye olde dinner tonight!



So, I was going to make shepherd's pie again, but ran out of time because Brenton had an MBA chat online tonight. So, I made the filling (all I did was cook on the stove some Morning Star Veggie Crumbles, some frozen bagged organic soup veggies, a dash of salt and pepper, some water, and a little bit of tomato sauce, and poured it on top of 1/2 of a small spaghetti squash (cooked in the microwave... shame on me... in 1/2 c water for 9 minutes). VERY TASTY!! I have the other half of the spaghetti squash in the fridge for tomorrow's dinner concoction... which is yet to be determined. You should try it! You'll like it! It gave me tons of energy- and I actually did Jillian's 30 Day Shred, ironed clothes, did the dishes, emptied the dishwasher, AND made lunches for tomorrow, all within 3 hours. I think I deserve an Epsom salt bath!

Yep, I do. Good night everybody!

No comments: