Friday, May 14, 2010

Healthy Chocolate Brownies

Good afternoon, bloggies!  I am so excited that I found Happy Herbivore's recipe for brownies!  These are great if you're on a whole food or vegetarian diet (not diet.  LIFESTYLE), or if you're just trying to eat healthy but still want to have a treat.  Boy, are these a treat!

Here is my version of HH's Black Bean Brownie recipe  (you can see the real version here)

Ingredients:
1 Can of Beans (black preferred... but I used pinto and it woked just fine), drained and rinsed
2 Bananas, peeled (as ripe as possible)
1/3 C Honey (agave works too if you're vegan)
1/4 C Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
1 T Cinnamon
1/4 C Instant Oats (though I used a little bit extra to thicken the batter a bit)

Preheat the oven to 350.  Spray an 8x8 pan with a little bit of oil (just to keep it from sticking).  Throw all of the ingredients in the food processor:
















And blend it all up!



Then, pour it into the pan and bake for 30 min, until you can stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.  Let cool, and cut into squares.  I have been keeping mine in the fridge, though I'm not sure you HAVE to, better safe than sorry.



YUM.  YUM YUM YUM!  I have been eating these with a little bit of peanut butter or some smooshed raspberries on top.  DOUBLE YUM.  SO easy to make- give it a try!  OH and I did the calorie count on these, and for my recipe it was about 100 calories per brownie if you cut it into 9 squares.  Happy Baking!

No comments: