Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Immunity, Part 1

Hi everybody! Fall is in the air... can you smell it??? I walked into the office today and said "boy, it smells like fall in here!"  What does that mean??  You know, the smell of apple cinnamon, vanilla, pumpkin, ...and those disgusting candies like apple caramel pops and candy corn (YEP, I said it...groooossssss).  Haha, well anyway, that also means something else is brewing.... COLD SEASON.  Oy vey.  As much as I LOVE fall, I DON'T love cold season.  The kids have started losing their voices and coughing already!  So what can YOU do to keep yourself healthy?  I'm going to be doing a multi-post series regarding how to stay healthy while everyone else is sick.

Immunity Trick 1-  RELAXATION.

I can't tell you how many times Brenton and I have gotten sick JUST by becoming run down.  The fact of the matter is, you can't just go and go and go, and expect to come out 'ok' on the other side.  That said, you need to factor in relaxation time in your day.

I LOVE this youtube video.  It's so chill, and fantastic.  I like to put it on in the background while I'm doing yoga or cooking (which are my two favorite chill-out activities).




It's fantastic.

Your job today is to take some time out to RELAX.  Do an enjoyable activity like reading or taking a hot bath.  Renew your mind, renew your immune system.

1 comment:

Ameena said...

I relax by taking a walk while reading...does multi-tasking count? :)