Saturday, October 30, 2010

Punkins!

 Happy Halloween!!  I really don't like this holiday... at all.  But I like carving pumpkins!  Here are my two.  First up- Mickey!





Isn't he cute!  All was going well, went on to pumpkin #2 to carve Minnie.... but then I bent my carving knife! The skin was so tough that I couldn't cut through it!  Soo.... I resorted to painting instead.

Kinda.... evil looking.  HAHA it wasn't intentional.  

I gotta tell you, the kids that work for me are great.  Look what one of them made for me out of play dough!


GHOST MICKEY!!!   Too fun.

Have a good Halloween!  Don't eat too much candy!  (actually.... don't eat any candy.  death.  gross death.)

















2 comments:

Ali said...

I love Halloween, but not for the ghosts and gouls. Here's a tip, I make healthy Halloween treats (ie: almond butter rice crispy bars, dark chocolate popcorn balls, cherry macaroons, roasted pumpkin seeds). The kids are so happy to dress up and go door to door, they don't really pay much attention to the candy. After we get home, we have apple cider (ps. "chai"der was wonderful!), I swap out the ucky candy and send it to work with my husband to put out in the brake room, and load the kids bags up with pretty wrapped little packages of healthy homemade treats that will last them all week long. They love it! And anyway, don't you love any excuse to carve a pumpkin?

Mineral said...

Our pumpkins were really hard too! I wonder if there was something up with the weather and pumpkins. Yours look great :)