Saturday, April 9, 2011

Travel Series- Comfort Items

Good day, all.  To continue this award winning (ha) travel series, I want to share some of the things that make me 'comfortable' while traveling.

First off, my bag-o-liquids for the carry-on:

Lavender Oil- induces relaxation
Peppermint Oil- helps with headaches, sore muscles
Rescue Remedy- to help ease panic attacks (yes, I get them)
Hand Sanitizer
Nasal Spray- to help keep my nasal passages moist and help trap airborne germs
Eye Drops- to help keep my eyes moist
Motion Eaze- to help prevent/ease motion sickness

If I check a bag, the regular toiletries are packed away.  If not, I add the normal toiletries like toothpaste, deodorant, etc.  And between Brenton and me, we can pack enough for us to be away for a week to 10 days.

Other comfort items I like to pack:

Eye Mask
Ear Plugs
Ipod, with podcasts, guided meditation, Dave Matthews (lol), and apps, with earbuds
Magazine, or two....or three
Ginger Pills, Sea Bands (more assistance with motion sickness)
Pill Bag- Chlorella tablets, Vitamin D, Oregano Oil, Zinc, Bioplasma, Multi-Vitamin, Advil (ugh.), Bonine (just for motion sickness emergencies - haven't needed it since my Motion Eaze, Ginger Pills and Sea Bands! WHOO!)
Snacks- fruit, granola bars, nuts, crackers

There you have it, my travel comfort items.  For long flights I like to wear long knee socks to help with circulation and a neck pillow so I can sleep.

It's important for me to get up and move around when I fly, especially because I have a problem with my ankles swelling.  Take a look at these two youtube videos that have exercises and information about moving around while flying. Enjoy! xoxo










Next up- staying HEALTHY while you travel!

No comments: