Thursday, May 28, 2009

Almost Friday!

Good evening, all! Today was a big day for me!

1- I was a presenter at the ACT Conference
2- I ate exclusively raw for over half of my day!!

I slept surprisingly good last night, and got up early to make a power shake.



It consisted of a whole banana, handful of organic spinach, tiny handful of frozen organic blueberries, 6 organic baby carrots, a kiwi, juice of 1/2 a lemon, and 6 ice cubes. That, paired with some almonds, and I was ready for the day!

I dropped of my raw lunch that I had made to my parents' house and headed up to the conference. I packed 2 raw almond butter stuffed dates for a quick snack before the fun began...



I was asked to speak at the conference about the role that support staff play in college visits (for prospective students and their families). The session was well attended (about 60-70 people), and seemed to be really well received! My first conference speaking engagement... CRAZY! Here's the room before everyone got in there, about halfway back...



Overall, a great success. Well, by this point, I was really hungry... and looking forward to my first ever RAW lunch!! I made zucchini spaghetti, topped with cherry tomatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic- all organic. For a sauce, I used 1 T of tahini, 1 t of EVOO, oregano, 1/4 avocado, and water, all mixed and mashed together. I liked it, but the oregano was a little overpowering. Next time I'll probably use some other herb... basil probably.

Here it is!! I didn't have a spiraler, so I just used a peeler. This, paired with a good size organic apple and a couple of grapes- it was a great lunch!!



After lunch, I went back to the office to do some work before the end of the day. Nothing too exciting happened there- I was only there a couple of hours! On the way home, I needed to stop at Trader Joe's to get some stuff for our family dinner tomorrow. I'm making a Greek dinner, complete with all of the fixins. While I was at TJ's, my stomach was GROWLING because I hadn't had anything since lunch... 5 hours earlier! So I grabbed a Larabar- Cherry Pie flavor. YUMMMMMY!!! I was so hungry that I ate it in the car on the way home!!!



And that ends the raw-ness... haha. For dinner, I made up some taco-ish type thing... without the tortilla. Just a glop of organic refried beans, chicken, veggies, salsa and hot sauce. Paired with some really good cantaloupe!



Tonight we're going to chop and mix and prep for the big family dinner tomorrow. Hopefully we can find some work out time too... Happy TGIF!!! ...almost! Namaste.

No comments: