Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Road to recovery...

Yesterday, I was sick. I woke up with a sore throat, and just plain felt 'off'. With the scare of the H1N1 virus running rampent these days- I decided to stay home and take care of myself. I'm going to share with you what I took/did to help myself feel better quickly. Now, what I took to get myself over the cold was not recommended to me by a doctor, but rather, was taken because of my own knowledge and the knowledge of others that I'm close to (mainly my sister).

Here's what helped me to feel better, FAST!-
Zinc
Orange Juice (fresh squeezed, not from concentrate)
Oil of Oregano
Kombucha Tea
Echinacea Tea, Peppermint Tea (hot)
Water
Zicam Nose Swabs (gross, but I swear by them!)
Probiotics
Ricola Throat Drops (the original)

And.... SLEEP AND A HOT SHOWER!!

The combo of all of these things helped me to feel better very quickly, and they're available through my Amazon Store. I'm still on the up and up, and feel even better than yesterday! Colds are no match for me, no sir!! I think what happened was I ran myself too thin this weekend, and then it caught up with me...

One very good thing that came out of my self-nurturing was that I discovered my absolute FAVORITE NEW SWEET SNACK- Plain Organic Lowfat Yogurt (Greek, especially!!) with HONEY drizzled on top. YUM-O!!! The texture is so great! I didn't mix it up- I just ate it with the swirls on the top. Heaven in a cup.

I would also like to say that I am THRILLED to enter to win a Spirooli from Gena!!! I would LOVE to try some raw pasta made out of summer squash topped with fresh garlic, tomato and basil! HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE?! YUM-O!!!!!

Take care of yourself, then each other. Until next time, Namaste.

No comments: