Thursday, May 7, 2009

My first RAW recipe... success!

Today, I decided to be adventurous! Thanks to Gena, I decided to try a RAW recipe! Here's what I tried:

Raw Chocolate Pudding

1 Avocado, pitted
6-10 dates, soaked if needed (use as many as you'd like, depending on how sweet you want your pudding)
4 T of Cocoa
1/2 C water
Agave (if needed)

Blend all ingredients but water and Agave in a food processor. Then, scrape the sides, and add water. Blend again. Test it- if Agave is needed, add as much as desired.

Ok, can I just say- YUM-O!!! Even my husband liked it!!! He couldn't guess what the 'main' ingredient was (avocado), but he could tell that there was 'fruit' in it... hehe. Here's the work in progress:

The avocado and dates in my food processor:




Rest of the avocado and the cocoa powder (note the computer in the background- yep, that's the Golden Girls on youtube...):



The finished product!!:



Super yummy!!! I'd make it again. It was so easy.

Until next time, make some raw pudding and freak out your non-raw friends!! Namaste.

2 comments:

Christina said...

how many servings is this?

Simply Living said...

I guess it just depends on how big the avocado is. My avocado was teeny tiny, so it made 2 good 2/3 C servings. If I had a bigger avocado, it would probably be 3 servings.