Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Yummy Bean Burger Recipe!!

Hello bloggies! Last night I made some ultra easy, and ultra yummy bean burgers. Check out this recipe! It is a vegan, soy-free, and can be gluten-free (depending on the ketchup you use) recipe, and we were surprised at how YUMMY it was!

1 can Kidney Beans (I used Meijer Organic)
1 can Pinto Beans (I used Trader Joe's Organic)
2 cups of COOKED Brown Rice (which is about 1 cup dry) (I used the quick cook brown rice)
1/4 cup Chopped Onion
2 T Ketchup (I used Meijer Organic)
1/2 t Garlic Powder (I also added a T of pre-chopped jarred garlic)
1 t Oregano
1/4 t Thyme
1/4 t Sage
Salt and Pepper to taste

Blend all ingredients together in a food processor
Form into patties
Cook on Medium in a pan (lightly greased to prevent sticking) until browned on both sides

This recipe made 9 good size patties (we ate 3 for dinner last night, and froze 6 on a parchment lined baking sheet- see picture below).



Super yummy!! Have a good day, and until next time, Namaste!

No comments: