Friday, May 29, 2009

TGIF!!!

Good evening, bloggies!! Last night was full of great things!

1- Almost all of the prep for tonight's family dinner was DONE! Yay for less stress today.
2- I found out that one of my best friends from HS (and his wife who is also my friend) is coming back into town! He got a job at our alma mater as the orchestra director. Very exciting!
3- The CAVS won!!!

This morning, I woke up ready to take on the day! TGIF after all! Made a FAB smoothie out of 1/2 banana, 1/2 organic green apple, big handful of organic spinach, 3 organic strawberries, 2 T Bob's Red Mill Flax Meal, a little bit of lemon juice, and a bunch of ice. WAY YUMMY!! I finished off the other half of the banana and apple with some raw almond butter. I wanted to see if it could tide me over until lunch...



Well, it didn't haha. Around 10:15am I had a Larabar (apple pie... YUM!). Then, I had an adventure to Circleville OH with a co-worker.... long story but it involved getting lost, a 1 lane rickety bridge, almost getting stuck in the mud, MAPQUEST giving us directions to 'turn right' off of the highway but didn't give a road name (and later we found out that the road HAD NO NAME...) all in the middle of nowhere! I WISH I had my camera. We were trying to find a rummage sale, and we found it alright... but boy... what a trip! VERY ENTERTAINING to say the least.

Anyway, back at home I hosted our family dinner! I made a yummy Greek meal. I made baba ganoush (did I spell that right?), hummus, and gyros.

Here is the baba... and hummus with veggies:



My husband chopping fruit for HIS fruit salad. He did it all himself: (do you see Dorothy Zbornak in the background?)



And the finished product:



Here's the table with all of the goodies on it:



Take a good look at that tv... yep, the Golden Girls are STILL on... I'm so obsessed.

I made some really nummy gyro meat- ground lamb, onion, garlic, black pepper, marjoram, and rosemary. I don't have a spit or a roaster, so I made it into a meatloaf of sorts...



Not shaved like normal gyro meat, but hey, you do what you gotta do!! Hahaha.

Here's my plate, complete with some really good white wine:



The bread in the top left corner is Trader Joes Naan Bread, and the bread on the right side is Trader Joes Whole Wheat Pita. Both were good, but the Naan was GREAT! Very doughy. Under that pile of tomatoes and shredded cucumber is my gyro meat. SO GOOD.

And then came dessert. My sister got baklava, and we had the fruit salad. YUMMY BAKLAVA!! My husband and I split a piece. We just can't eat a whole lot of sweets anymore. It's a good problem to have I guess...



That plate is not as big as it looks haha. It sure hit the spot!

After dinner, we went outside to enjoy the sunny weather and light a fire.





What a nice day!! I'm very excited about tomorrow because we're going to see UP!!! I don't know if we're going to see it in 3-D yet or not... just depends on what's showing when we decide to go. I'm SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS MOVIE!!! Have a great evening all. Until next time, try making some new food! Namaste.

No comments: