Sunday, September 20, 2009

FINALLY! Raw Peach Cobbler

Hi everyone! I have been wanting to make Ani's Raw Peach Cobbler for for-ev-er... and the day is finally here!! WOOHOO!!

Does this look YUM-O or what?!





I snuck a little taste, and boy oh boy... this is some good stuff. Here's the SUPER EASY recipe-

Crust/Topping:
1/2 C shelled pistachios (I used a mix of almonds and walnuts instead)
1 C pitted dates
1/4 t sea salt

Glaze:
3 T agave nectar
1 vanilla bean (I used 2 cap fulls of vanilla extract)

4 peaches, sliced

In a food processor, process nuts into a fine powder
Add pitted dates a little at a time, until the powder turns more 'doughy'
Mix in sea salt
Put 1/2 to 3/4 of nut mixture into the bottom of a dish
Mix together peaches, agave, and vanilla in a big dish
Pour peach mixture over crust in baking dish, then top with remaining 'crust' nut mixture

I sprinkled on some cinnamon for fun. It's now in my fridge, ready to be devoured tonight! It should last a couple of days in the fridge.

There you have it folks- a SUPER EASY raw peach cobbler. Enjoy!

No comments: