Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Diet.... Day 1

Happy almost Friday to you all!!!  If you haven't already done so, I'm now on Facebook and would LOVE for you to be my friend!  Click over there (and down a little bit) to follow -------->

I want to thank you for your kind comments so far!  The last post was a lot of ramblings, which I hope will get me where I want to be, and inspire you to come along, too!  Sorry for the delay in update- I was going to post last night, but then there were tornados and power outages that set me back a little bit (GEEZ!).   

Soooooo..... yesterday, I weighed in at 154.2.  We all have to start somewhere, right?


Breakfast was a Breakfast Cookie (THANK YOU GINA!) that I added some Chia Seeds to.  It seriously tasted as good as it looks.  I'll be adding chia for the rest of my Breakfast Cookie days!!




Lunch was all packed up and ready to go-  an Apple, some Almonds, and a huge jar of Rice/Lentil salad, leftover from the night before.






Rice/Lentil Salad (serves 1):
1/4 c of Lentils (dry)
1/2 c of Quick Cook Brown Rice (dry)
1/2 c Frozen Peas
1/2 c Frozen Spinach
2 T Organic Soy Sauce

In a pan, boil water and cook lentils for 10 min.
Add the rice and cook 5 more minutes.
Remove from heat, and stir in frozen peas and spinach.  Let sit a couple of minutes to thaw the veggies.
Strain the water from the mixture and stir in soy sauce.

HOLY YUM, BATMAN.  I love this quick meal!

....needless to say, though, I was STAR-VING by the time I got home.  Must... bring.... snack...

Dinner was a BIG SALAD with Arugula, Spinach, Tomatoes, Celery, and Avocado.  I also made up a dressing to pour on top!  I also chopped up a mango that I forgot to take a picture of.  Doggone it!





Mustard Dressing

2 T Brown Mustard (I used Trader Joe's)
1 T White Vinegar
1 T Water

Mix, pour.  YUM.


After doing a few errands, before the storms (EEK) came, I did Jillian's 30 Day Shred level 1.  I finished just in time because on my final stretch I heard this 'thump thump thump thump' (that's Brenton running down the stairs) "Aaron just called, let's go down in the basement.  The storm is coming quickly and it's pretty strong".  Oh good...  So I grabbed two huge glasses of water, a Larabar (that I didn't end up eating), my purse, computer, and phone, and headed downstairs.  Sure enough, the tornado sirens started going off.  As soon as I sat down on the basement floor, the lights went out.  For 3 hours.  Joy.  After about an hour, the sirens stopped and we went back upstairs.  I fixed myself a piece of bread with a little bit of peanut butter and had a few bites of the BEST cereal in the world- Barbara's Shredded Spoonfuls.  But my brain wasn't working to take a picture since I couldn't really see what I was doing to begin with. 


All in all, I ate 1420 calories; 100 calories less than my BMR (whoo!), and exercised off at least 157 calories according to my HRM.  This left me with a deficit of 409 calories for the day, factoring in that my Active Metabolic Rate is 1672.  Not bad!

Oh.... and I weighed in this morning and was 153 on the nose!

Happy almost Friday everybody!

1 comment:

nicole said...

I love your mustard dressing idea! I eat a lot of salads so this will save me a lot of calories! Thanks!