Friday, June 4, 2010

So Far So Good

Happy Friday to you all!  What a short week it has been (which is fine with me)!!  Any big plans this weekend?  We don't have too much going on-  couple of grad parties, laundry, cleaning...the norm.  OH!!!  My CSA is supposed to start today or tomorrow.  I'm SO excited!  If you don't know what a CSA is, it's "Community Supported Agriculture", where you pay a certain amount and get veggies delivered to your house by a local farmer.  Ours is organic (YAY) and local Ohio produce (also YAY).  The hard part is that you don't really get to pick what you get-  you're delivered whatever is in season and ready each week, so our menus will be getting interesting!  I'm up for the challenge!!  If you're interested, you can check out Local Harvest for information.

So on to yesterday!  I weighed in at 153 and felt pretty good!!  I started the day off with some chocolate oatmeal topped with blueberries.




















MMMMMmmm...

Chocolate Oatmeal

1/2 c Oats, cooked in 1 c of Water
1 Scoop Chocolate Amazing Grass Powder
1 T Chia Seeds
Dash of Vanilla and Cinnamon
1/2 c Frozen Blueberries

Mix it all together!  YUM.


Lunch was a good variety, and completely (unplanned) made with what we happened to have in the house.

















Apple with a small handful of Almonds (snack)
Whole Wheat TJ's Tortilla with 1/2 an Avocado, handful of Arugula, and a drizzle of Salsa (YUM)
Celery with Almond Butter (snack)

This kept me going until about 3pm, where I needed to pull out my trusty Larabar

















This kept me content until dinner.  God Bless Larabars.

Dinner was another HUGE salad like the night before, REQUESTED BY BRENTON.  What?!?!!  He wants to eat salad?!??!?!  I was just as surprised as anyone!!

















Yum.  This salad was loaded with Arugula, Spinach, Avocado, Celery, and Tomatoes, topped with my home-made Mustard Dressing.  I did a little bit of work and then made my own version of Averie's No Bake Peanut Butter (High Protein) Cookies.

In a bowl I mixed together:

1/2 c Peanut Butter
1/2 scoop of Protein Powder
1 T Cocoa Powder
1 t Vanilla Extract

Once mixed, I plopped little dollops onto a plate, and put them in the freezer to harden.

















I could have rolled them, but you know, you do what you gotta do.  Once hard, I ate one with an orange.

















(YUMYUMYUMYUMYUM!!!)  I can't believe how GOOD these little beauties are!!!
















So I did a little more work and then did 20 min on the bike, complete with hills and all.  I was totally huffing and puffing.


I finished the day with another protein ball (YUM) and an apple topped with Apple Pie Spice.


















I feel like I ate a LOT, but I hit right at my BMR of 1520.  Exercise burned 170 calories, leaving me at a deficit of 322 for the day.  Not too bad!


Have a lovely day everybody!  (oh... I weighed in at 152.8 this morning (dance dance dance dance))

2 comments:

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying the PB balls! HAve a lovely day!!! thanks for telling me you made them :)

Ameena said...

Congratulations on your weigh in! And the PB balls look so delicious. I wish I could eat PB without a problem! Please enjoy an extra one on my behalf. :)