Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Looking forward...

Hello bloggies! The last few days have been a whirlwind! I'm SO looking forward to vacation... but alas, it's not until October. Brenton and I are going to his grandpa Jim's condo in Sunny Isles Beach, FL.

Here's a picture of the pool (thank you activerain.com... I couldn't find my pictures!):



Our flight leaves on a Tuesday evening, right AT dinner time of course. Since I'm all about bringing my own healthy food and snacks places (as people noticed at work today HA!), I'm SO going to be bringing my own dinner to have in the airport before we board. Check out my girl Angela's blog post for today! She talks all about the healthy airplane food she brought from home! Makes me VERY excited to go on our trip, and very excited to start planning on what I'm going to bring to eat!! I'm ready any time- SERIOUSLY! Too bad I can't bring my favorite green monster with me (poo on the no liquid rule!). Hopefully the condo has a blender!!!! If I have to go a week without a green monster I might die!! I had one this morning (of course!)



Tomorrow we're having our next door neighbors over for dinner. I'm making a pasta bar with lots of toppings/fixins so everyone can make their own meal. We'll also have salad on the side, and fruit salad for dessert. I'll be sure to take pictures. SHOULD BE NUMMY!

OH I almost forgot! Last night my sister and I were at Kroger for a LONG time (long story). She ordered us 2 Vanilla Rooibos Tea Lates with Soy Milk. O-M-G. Heaven in a cup. Seriously. It was sweet, wonderful, vanilla goodness. I looked on Starbucks.com to get the nutrition info, and here's what it said:

Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte

Full leaf African rooibos tea(naturally caffeine free), also known as red tea, paired with Tahitian vanilla and cinnamon. Sweetened with classic syrup and topped with steamed milk and velvety foam.

Serving Size 12 fl. oz.


Amt Per Serving

Calories 150

Fat Calories 25

Total Fat (g) 3

Saturated Fat (g) 0

Trans Fat (g) 0

Cholesterol (mg) 0

Sodium (mg) 70

Total Carbohydrates (g) 27

Fiber (g) 1

Sugars (g) 25

Protein (g) 5

Vitamin A 8%

Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 20%

Iron 6%

Caffeine (mg) 0

Not horrible- especially because it was so sweet desserty like. YUM-O!! While we were there, I also picked up a couple of these little guys-

I haven't tried them yet- but they're all natural, organic, etc. etc. etc. A whopping 260 calories though, so I may end up cutting them in half and eating half a day. We'll see! I'll let you know how they are! I'll try one tomorrow.


Have a good evening all! Until next time, Namaste.

No comments: