Saturday, June 6, 2009

Out with the old...

Happy Saturday to all!! Today's mission was to clean out my closet!! Out with the old, to make room for the new!!

The day was off to a good start with a nummy breakfast- Egg White Omelet with peppers, a tiny sprinkle of cheese, hot sauce *YUM* and salsa. Paired with a couple of kiwi's and half of a piece of Ezekiel Bread topped with almond butter and cinnamon.





Mucho yum-o!! Then, nothing new- I taught some lessons, did some laundry, got my 10 min of sunshine... normal Saturday stuff. By the time the early part of the afternoon rolled around, I was ready to take on the challenge- oh the closet...

Here's what it looked like to start...



Full of too many clothes that I don't wear anymore. Too much stuff, holding me back from getting new, pretty things! I totally re-arranged how everything was set up, and got rid of clothes that I knew someone ELSE could use! After 2 hours (oye...) here's what it turned out to be...



YAY for organization. Now when I open the door, I don't scream!! I donated my clothes and stuff to AmVets... hopefully it all goes to someone in need!! When you're open to give, you're open to receive, and let me tell you, I'll probably be going through the closet again in a few months to give again. I still have way too many clothes, and unfortunately, most are not... my style... they're just filling the time until I can actually FIND clothes that are! All in good time. I did find a GREAT dress from Goodwill that was a CUTE Isaac Mizrahi. LOVE IT! You never know what you'll find at thrift stores- for CHEAP!

I'm looking forward to re-filling my wardrobe, one piece at a time, and moving along the clothes that are fillers. In with the new, out with the old.

I hope everyone has a FAB Sunday! I'll be at TJ's early doing the grocery shopping for the week! So, until next time, clean out your closet and donate to those in need!! You'll feel good!!! Namaste.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your breakfast looks really good. Great job on the organizing. I need to do that to my closet.

Christina said...

You should post a pic of your "new" dress :)