Friday, June 12, 2009

North Market Fun!!

TGIF all! Seriously! What a week- it seemed like the longest week ever for some reason. I guess I should have enjoyed it more- the upcoming weeks are going to be brutally busy!! But alas, today was a good day!

I woke up sore this morning because Brenton and I did another killer round of Billy Blanks Ab Bootcamp last night...



Killer!! (side note... I just heard a shotgun out my window... that's a good sign.) Anyway, this morning I woke up and decided to "Walk Away the Pounds" with Leslie, and have a LOVELY green-ish monster (haha).



Hahaha yeah, my 'greenish' monster was made with 1/2 frozen banana, heaping handful of organic spinach, 6 organic baby carrots, 4 organic strawberries, a squeeze of lemon juice, a few ice cubes, a T of flax meal, and 1/2 scoop of protein powder. I don't know why, but this one wasn't as sweet as the others I've made. It was still good, though.

Then, it was work time, like normal, and a Larabar (Cherry Pie) for a snack (of course!). When 11am rolled around, the office headed out to the North Market for lunch. We were celebrating the new job of one of my co-workers. What a nice outing!



For those that don't know, the North Market is Columbus' version of Pike Place Market in Seattle (you know, where the guys in orange overalls throw the fish around?). It's a place where you can eat from different nationalities, buy fresh produce and free range chicken/grass fed beef, etc.



I decided to go 'greek', and got a combo of Greek Salad, Mushroom Salad, and Hummus, all with a pita bread. WAY YUM-O!!



I ate all of both salads, and most of the hummus/pita. But, I made sure to leave room for dessert- that's to come!

After lunch, it was time to celebrate Jake's new job, and give him his gifts from us.




Haha blow up that last picture by clicking on it. As you'll see, that's a picture frame that Jake is holding, with VERY entertaining face-in-hole pictures. Too funny!

Two of the girls and I went downstairs to get the dessert that I mentioned. Jeni's Ice Cream. Oh goodness, the BEST ice cream in the world!!!



Do you see that?! 100% Organic Ohio Milk and Cream. OH how I love thee! Anyway, I got a small scoop, divided in half so I could have 2 flavors!! This is what I got, taken from Jeni's site-



"Goat Cheese with Roasted Red Cherries
Blue Jacket Dairy goat cheese with roasted Michigan cherries—like a fluffy cherry cheesecake, but even better."

"Berries & Burgundy Sorbet
Deep, dark berries with growing hints of red wine; sophisticated and grown-up. "

Yeah, both were heaven! And what's great is that both were SO good and SO rich, that this size is PERFECT. It really hit the spot!!

I love the North Market, and would go there EVERY SINGLE DAY if I could! But alas, I cannot, because it's not REALLY that close to me (it's right downtown). Tomorrow is the first day of the Farmers Market right by my house though, so I'll be there bright and early! Hoping to find some organic yummies!! Have a good evening all!

Until next time, eat clean, and enjoy little indulgences made with clean ingredients!! Namaste.

No comments: