Thursday, July 30, 2009

Another New Recipe!

Good evening everyone! Tonight I tried ANOTHER new recipe!! On the menu was Stuffed Zucchini, fruit, and a (poorly) modified version of Happy Herbivore's Single Serving Vegan Brownie.

Like last night, I decided to take little bits of different recipes I found to make my own version! Here's my Stuffed Zucchini:



Looks YUM-O, yeah?! Brenton liked the filling better than the whole zucchini, but I LOVED IT, and ate the WHOLE THING!! Here's my recipe (serves 2):

1 lg Zucchini, or 2 small, washed
1/2 can Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 c Quinoa
1/2 c Water
1 clove Garlic
1/8 c salsa
1/4 c almonds, chopped
Parmesan Cheese to taste

Preheat oven to 400
Put quinoa and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 12-14 min, until done.
Cut Zucchini in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds (discard pulp)
Once quinoa is done, mix in pinto beans, garlic, salsa, almonds, and a little parmesan cheese
Scoop mixture into hollowed out zucchini. Top with a little more cheese if desired
Bake in oven, covered in aluminum foil for 18-20 min, until tender
Remove foil and cook another 5-8 min, until the topping is crispy.

OK, UBER YUM!!



Now, on to the brownie. I'm sure if I used the correct ingredients listed in Happy Herbivore's recipe, these would have turned out much better....



Unfortunately, I didn't have whole wheat PASTRY flour, just whole wheat flour, and I didn't know there was a difference (ha.. that goes to show you how much I bake...). These little guys were SO dense, they were hard to eat. Ah well... better luck next time. It was my own fault... you live and you learn.

On an upside, I bought coconut oil the other day and am using it on my hair. Look how shiny!!!!



And this is DAY 1!! Oh coconut oil, how I love thee already.

Have a fantastic evening! TGIAF!!

No comments: