Thursday, July 23, 2009

Almost Friday!!

Good evening everyone! Hope you all had a lovely day!!! My day was actually not too bad! The last couple of days, my insides have been adjusting to the new pescetarian lifestyle, so I figured that I needed to add a little bit more protein today. I started the day with scrambled eggs out of an egg, an egg white, basil, and a little bit of parmesean cheese. Paired with a banana, it was a great breakfast!!



I was actually surprised, though, because it didn't keep me full for longer than an hour and a half!! CRAZY!! I had to have a Larabar almost right when I got to work. That helped, thank goodness!

I didn't get a picture of lunch-- like normal. Sorry!!

Dinner tonight, though, was quite the feast!!



I made a veggie sandwich, baked sweet potato fries, and strawberries with cashew whipped cream.

Here's what I did:

Veggie Sandwich

Ezekiel Bread
Zucchini
Onion
Mushroom
Garlic
Tomato
Spinach
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

Sauce:
Avocado
Lemon
Salt
Pepper
Salsa

Pre-heat oven to 375, and roast chopped zucchini, onion, garlic, green pepper, and mushrooms on a baking sheet, coated in a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast until tender.

To make the sauce, mash the avocado, and add juice of half of a lemon. Stir well, and add salt, pepper, and salsa to taste.

Toast Ezekiel bread, spread with sauce, and layer with as many veggies as possible. Add fresh tomato and spinach, and serve immediately. YUM!!!!


Sweet Potato Fries

Pre-heat oven to 375
Wash and slice sweet potatoes, and coat in olive oil, salt and pepper.
Roast in a pan until crispy


Cashew Whipped Cream

1 1/3 C Raw Cashews, Soaked for at least an hour
3 T Agave Nectar
1/2 C water
1 t Vanilla Extract

Process all of the ingredients together in a food processor until smooth and whipped. Scrape the sides as needed.

What a meal, huh?! Everything is so easy to make, and doesn't take a whole lot of time. YUM!!!

Tomorrow I have a 5k, so I'm off to get our food ready, wash my race clothes, and get my tunes ready to go! I'm going to try (again) to run the whole thing... we'll see!!!

Until next time, make something new!! Raw recipes are GREAT to experiment with!!

1 comment:

Scotty J said...

Excellent meals!

How did you like the cashew whipped cream?

Good enough to put on raw apple pie for holiday meals?