Monday, July 20, 2009

ANOTHER Manic Monday. AGAIN?!

I don't know what it is with Monday. The last few Mondays have been INSANE for me!! Today was no exception. Lots of buzzing around, CrAzY phone calls, and needy people. Why are people so needy? What causes that? If people were self-sufficient, the world would be a better place. Ahem... (steps off soap box) Now onto the food!

Since watching Food, Inc., Brenton has wanted to be a veggie. This is FINE with me, but it made me realize today "uh oh... what about Thanksgiving and Christmas?" So, I have been searching for meat 'alternatives' for our 'main course' that other people will also want to eat- OH... holidays are always a challenge. I'll take any opinions/favorite recipes you have! I've found some recipes that I'll post closer to the holidays.

Last night I made up some hummus, and made veggie pitas.



Brenton's is on the big plate, and mine is the little guy. I LOADED it up with tons of veggies- spinach, cucumber, carrots, mushrooms, and onions- and a good glop of freshly made hummus on Trader Joe's Pita Bread. YUM-O!! VERY VERY filling. Brenton couldn't finish his! We also had a handful of organic cherries- ultra YUM-O!!!

This morning, to try to get off to a good start (which worked until the phone started ringing at work HAHA), I made a really good Green Monster.



Woah, hello blurry. Sorry. This concoction was made out of a kale leaf, 1/2 frozen banana, kiwi, 3 strawberries, 1/4 zucchini, 1 T chia seeds, 1/2 scoop protein powder, and a little bit of water. Those little chia seeds- so funny!!! The gel that they create is so weird! Anyway, kept me pretty full until my early morning meeting, when I had a Cashew Cookie Larabar. It's pretty good, but I like some of the other flavors better.

Lunch was nothing exciting- lefover hummus (from the night before) with some cucumber slices, a teeny apple, and an AB and jelly sammie on Ezekiel. This kept me full ALL AFTERNOON. It didn't hurt that I was insanely busy and too worried about other things to be worried about lunch. Sorry, no pictures.... :o( it was frazzle city!!

For dinner tonight I made stuffed potatoes. This is something that I used to eat when I was on Weight Watchers, but I haven't had recently.



Look at that veggie loaded mess!! There really is a potato under there....

This yummy dinner was made out of 1/2 potato, wilted spinach (I just heated it on the stove to wilt it), onion, tomato (from the farmers market- YUMMY!!!), 1/4 avocado, black beans, hot sauce (Franks- only the best), and wee tiny itty bitty sprinkle of cheese. CLEANED my plate!! Munched a few cherries for dessert, and a couple of TJ's semi-sweet chocolate chips. MMMM- just what I needed after a crazy ridiculous day.

On a better note, I've cleaned up all of the dishes, am sitting in my favorite chair, and am going to exercise soon. I haven't decided if I'm going to do Jillian, or if I'm going to run- just depends on if it starts raining soon. OH! Remember the whole 'mold in the Oikos' thing? Stoneyfield sent me some coupons and an apology letter!!




So, I guess it's a good end to a Manic Monday, huh? Hope you all have a good rest of your evening! Until next time, enjoy some vegetarian food! It'll make you feel good!

Namaste.

No comments: