Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Try at Pad Thai!

Good evening bloggies! I tried a new recipe tonight- Vegetarian Pad Thai! This recipe I actually came up with, with the help of many many recipes for normal Pad Thai.

The recipe could have served 3... ooops I made too much! Oh well.

Sauce:
1/4 C Water
1/4 C Soy Sauce
2 T Peanut Butter
1 t Agave Nectar
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
2 T Hot Sauce

Noodles:
Couple of handfuls of Rice Sticks
Big handful of Spinach
1/2 Onion, chopped
2 Cloves of Garlic, chopped finely
1/2 C Bean Sprouts
Few Sprigs of Cilantro
Little bit of Oil (I used Canola)
2 Eggs

Whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside
Boil Noodles for 6 min, transfer to cold water
Heat oil in pan, stir fry garlic and onion until it starts to get soft
Add a little cilantro and the handful of spinach, cook until starting to wilt
Add the cooked noodles and 1/2 of the sauce
In a separate pan, whisk the eggs together (like you're making scrambled eggs) and cook through
Add eggs to the rest of the ingredients with the other 1/2 of the sauce
Serve hot

This was a good meal!!! Here's the sauce:



and my plate!!



Do ya THINK I like cilantro?!?! Yep, I bought it from the Farmers Market today.... mmmm!

I paired it with some yummy organic grapes:



Yummy meal! I'm off to run (ugh!) with Brenton. The sun is finally shining again, so we're going to take care of it!

Until next time, try a new veggie dish! You just might like it!

Namaste.

No comments: