Monday, July 13, 2009

Greenie Monday!

Hello all! Busy Monday, today was! I started things off right with a GM- and added a new ingredient... KALE! Boy those leaves are huge-o!!! But, tasty and a great addition. I needed to spice things up a little bit!!



It made the color SO green! In this lovely glass there was 1 Kale leaf, 1/2 zucchini, 1 kiwi, 1/2 orange, 1/3 frozen banana, and a little bit of water. I paired it with a piece of Ezekiel bread with AB and organic jelly- kept me going until 10:30ish (which was almost 4 hours later), where I had a Cashew Cookie Larabar. YUM!! Lunch wasn't anything exciting, and I forgot to take a picture of it. I had organic black bean soup with celery and the other half of the orange. Since today was so busy and I didn't feel much like cooking, I stopped at Meijer and got Brenton an Amy's burrito (he liked it a lot!), and surfed online to see what I should make for myself. Then, I saw Gena's post about her raw zucchini soup, and I knew I had to try it!!!

Here's all of the yumminess in the blender- look at all those veggies!!! Haha lovely workstation... I've got my recipe up on my computer, my lemon all over the place... oye. That's how I work!



Anyway, blend blend blend away!! Quite the action shot.



Looks a whole heck of alot like the GM I made this morning... but, it tasted MUCH different. Haha and I even had a square bowl to put it in... just like Gena!



I made a chopped fruit salad of organic strawberries and peaches- YUM-O!! I did break the raw rules a little bit by adding some Tabasco sauce to the top of the soup... ah well.

While cleaning up the kitchen, I noticed that I had some little guys growing on my pepper plants outside! I was so excited that I had to take pictures! My little babies!!







It seems like only yesterday that I had little seeds planted in my kitchen- look how big they've gotten! All started from little bitty seeds. Too fun.

Well, I'm off to get ready for tomorrow and watch Anthony Bourdain. New season starts tonight at 10pm!!! Have a lovely evening. Until next time, try your hand at green-ness... whether it's making Green Monsters, raw green soup, or using your green thumb, GREEN is the trend. Follow it. Love it. Green is good.

Namaste.