Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's out there!!!  In celebration of this day, I made a BRAND NEW (to me) recipe!!  Pineapple Icebox, thank you Ani Phyo!  You can also watch her make it here

Look how FABULOUS this looks.

















Yeah, it's THAT good.  And SO easy to make.  Here is my version of Ani's recipe.

Crust:
2 C Cashews
1 Vanilla Bean, scraped (I used 1 T vanilla extract)
2 T Honey

Filling:
1 1/2 C Cashews
1/3 C Honey or Agave
1/4 C Coconut Oil (liquid)
2 1/2 C Chopped Pineapple

Blend the crust ingredients together until it forms a powder with some texture.  Sprinkle half of this mixture into the bottom of the pan, save the other half.

Process the filling ingredients except for the pineapple until it forms a smooth creamy texture.  I had to add a tiny bit of water to help this along.  Once the cashews form into a 'cream', fold the pineapple in and mix well. 

Pour pineapple mixture on top of the crust, then sprinkle on the remaining processed cashews (crumbly topping) and press down. 

Put in the freezer for 2 hours, until chilled.  Place in refrigerator prior to serving.

THIS IS FABULOUS. 

On with the festivities-  Mom opened her presents, and I also had fun taking pictures of flowers with my wonderful new camera!































































No comments: