Wednesday, May 12, 2010

You Say Tomato...

You say tom-a-to, I say tom-ah-to...

...ok that's enough.

I made two GREAT tomato dishes yesterday that I want to share with you!!

First up, a tomato-caper sauce for pasta.  TALK ABOUT MAJOR YUM FACTOR!!!















All I did was saute cherry tomatoes (a good couple of handfuls), a couple of teaspoons of capers, dash of olive oil, 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic, and black pepper in a pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes.  Then, I mashed half of the tomatoes to create a sauce.  Dump on whole wheat pasta and you have one GREAT dish!!!  Look how lovely?!

The next recipe was SO easy to pull together.  Throw a handful of tomatoes and half of a chopped cucumber, mixed with a clove of chopped garlic, dash of olive oil, dash of oregano (dried), and salt and pepper to taste.  It's the quickest recipe to throw together and SO easy!




No comments: