Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Cookout- The Prep

Happy Monday, everyone!  This is a 2-part bloggie about the BBQ yesterday!  In the morning, I marinated some tempeh with a spicy and fabulous BBQ sauce!  Annie's Naturals Hot Chipotle BBQ sauce.  SO GOOD.

















Like the technique?!

















Then I wrapped it in plastic wrap and foil to let it marinate for a few hours in the fridge. 
































On to the peppers and onions!!  I chopped up 2 peppers and an onion and topped with salt and pepper.  Made another foil packet, ready to be plopped on the grill.  TOO EASY!
































On to the corn!  Shuck shuck shuck....

















7 ears, ready to be seasoned!

















For my seasoning, I used salt, pepper, and a little bit of coconut oil so it would stick.


















Somewhat of a messy process, but really easy.  I put a little bit of coconut oil on, then sprinkled the salt and pepper.  Rolled them all up in foil and they too were ready to be plopped on the grill!!  10 min one side, 5 min on the other.
































I also wanted to bring some raw-ish cookies, so I proceeded to make up a recipe!  (...as I do).  In the food processor I threw in 3 pitted dates, 1/2 c dry oats, 1/4 c raisins, cinnamon (about a Tbsp), dash of ginger, and dash of salt.  After it started going a little bit, I added a teeny tiny bit of water to smooth things out.


















Process until well mixed and dough-like...


















All rolled into balls!  DONE!

















Stay tuned for part 2-  the results!!

2 comments:

Ameena said...

I love the foil packet idea...easy clean up and everything. Sounds perfect to me!

Annie D. said...

Cleanup was a BREEZE!!!! I love foil on the grill. It helps to cook everything just rignt!