Monday, May 24, 2010

Simple Raw Fruit Sorbet

Boy do I have a treat for you!!!  This weekend I made raw fruit sorbet and it was DE-LISH.  Look at all this fruity goodness!!!!

















Freeze 1/2 to 1 whole banana, peeled and chopped into smaller pieces, per person.

Dump in some fresh or frozen fruit (your choice!  I used fresh strawberries and frozen blueberries).  I think I used 4 large strawberries and about 1/4 c of frozen blueberries.

Blend away in your food processor, and here's what you have!  You can eat it as soon as it's blended, or freeze it to eat later.




















OOOOMMMMGGGGG.  It's THAT good.  Look at all of the bits and colors!  Beautiful.  Heaven in a glass.  And remember-  you can use what ever type of fruit you like!  I bet raspberries and mango, pineapple and shredded coconut, or peanut butter and cocoa powder (yum!) would all be good combinations!  Be creative!  Just make sure you have your frozen bananas as your base-  that's the "Ice Cream" part of the whole concoction. Enjoy your treat and enjoy your Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're not a vegan, could you use Milk (Skim?) to smooth out the consistency, or would that add unnecessary calories?

Annie D. said...

You sure could! Or almond milk. You wouldn't need to use that much so I bet it would only add 50 calories at most.

MrsKruse said...

That looks delicious!!!