Thursday, December 31, 2009

Molasses... a journey

So, I bought some Organic Molasses yesterday because of all of the good things I've heard about it (high in potassium, high in iron...).  Being the impatient moron that I am (hahaha), I was so excited to try it that I opened it as soon as I got home and took a taste.  BLLLEEEECCHHH!!!!  It was so bitter!  But, rather than getting discouraged about my recent purchase, I decided to make cookies out of it.  What else, right?!  Here is the recipe I threw together...

1/2 C Walnuts
1/2 C Almonds
1/8 C Rasins
1/2 C Dates
1 t Cinnamon
1 t Ground Ginger
2 T Molasses

Grind everything together in a food processor
Roll into balls
Freeze until solid (about 20-ish minutes)

The verdict??





These babies were GREAT!!!!  Molasses is an acquired taste... and with these little guys I think I'll acquire it haha!!

Happy New Year's Eve!  Make it a great day!

3 comments:

Christina said...

impatient moron....ROTFLMAO

Stacey @ Adventures of a New Vegetarian said...

I've made these several times and linked back to your recipe on my blog. Thanks for the recipe!

Annie D. said...

Oh I'm so glad!!! You are very welcome, Stacey!