Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New Recipe!

Good evening!! I tried a new dinner recipe tonight... Vegetable Curry and Lentils!

This past weekend I bought a Curry Sauce from Trader Joe's-



Look at the ingredients! Yay for ALL WHOLE FOODS... (sigh of happiness)-



You can't really read all of the ingredients... but they're all good, trust me! There was a good amount of sodium but we didn't use a full serving size. Here's my recipe:

Ingredients:
1 Yellow Squash, chopped
1/4 C Onion, diced
3 Baby Portabello Mushrooms, stems removed, chopped
1/2 Green Pepper, chopped
1/3 Jar of TJ's Curry Sauce
1/2 C Water

2 C Water
1/2 C Dry Lentils

Pour Water and Curry Sauce into a saucepan, bring to a simmer
Add Vegetables, cover and simmer on low until cooked
Cook Lentils in 2 C of Water (simmer 15 min)
Drain lentils, put on plate. Top with veggies and sauce

The final product??



Very filling and very yummy! I would make this again... maybe use a little less water because it seemed a little bit watered down. Nevertheless, it was curry-licious!!

Have a nice night, all! I'm off to do some exercise and get ready for tomorrow! Until next time- try a new sauce! It can get you out of a dinner rut!

Namaste.

3 comments:

Tiffany @ Eat at Home said...

That looks good and healthy! Yum!

Anonymous said...

There is an old Indian saying that goes: curry-osity killed the cat. I hope you do not have a cat, and if you do, please, please, do not feed it anything with curry for...well you know the results.

Annie D. said...

Hahahahaha- no I don't have a cat. In fact, I don't even like cats... so no problem there!