Monday, August 31, 2009

Where did I forget?

Good evening bloggies. Today was a rough day. Since yesterday I have had this dull stomach ache that comes and goes... and comes more readily when I get stressed about something. And mostly it has been self-induced stress- thinking about the possibility of stressful things, rather than reactive stress. It's amazing what the mind can do to you. I've suffered from anxiety since I was very very young (pre-elementary school), and managing it has always been a challenge. I ended up coming home from work early today on account of un-welcomed...reactions. I did some progressive relaxation, napped, took a hot bath... and all the while I began thinking "where did I forget?" Forget what, you ask? To ask for healing. So, through tears streaming down my face, I asked for help from God, my Angels, and my Spirit Guide. Help, healing, and peace. As I sit here and type this to you, I eat rice and toasted pita with peanut butter. I'm able to eat, and am beginning to feel better.

Where along the way did I forget? What brought around my reminder was a comment on my facebook. A friend of mine said "I'm praying for you". When did I get so self-absorbed that I forgot that I could and should ask for help?

Here's hoping that tomorrow will be a better day. With the encouragement and peace now feel, I'm sure it will be.

No comments: