Thursday, May 21, 2009

My new dehydrator!

Good morning! So I want my Disers (and whoever else is interested) to look at this pin I won yesterday. It's a pin used for Pin Trading with Cast Members at Disney, and I am very grateful for being the winner of it... but... it is the weirdest pin I think I've ever gotten. I think this one will HAVE to be traded (HAHAHA!)

Yeah.... weird.

So on another note, I was very excited when I got home yesterday and saw a big box on the porch. YAY!! It was my food dehydrator that I got off of ebay.


I was very excited to get started, so I cored and sliced up 4 organic apples (3 small and 1 big), and a banana, soaked them for a few minutes in a mix of 1/3 c lemon juice and 1 c water, then spread them out on the tray. This was about... 5:30pm or so. Here's the 'in progress'...


As you can see, I didn't use all of the trays, but I thought that might make them dry faster. OH MY GOODNESS-- I was so impatient. It was like watching paint dry. Dry already, you little fruities!! Well, I went to bed, and got up this morning around 6am, and they were done!!


I've decided what my Christmas presents for my music lesson students are going to be this year!! They're all getting dried fruit! Hehehe! I'm so excited! I tried a piece of apple and a piece of banana. Both tasted REALLY good! So sweet, especially the banana (which surprised me). These are going to make GREAT 'on the go' snacks and good alternatives to my dark chocolate obsession. Hey Dis'ers... park snacks?? YEAH!!

Make it a great day everyone! Happy Thursday- it's almost a long weekend!! Until next time, Namaste.

No comments: